Year 7 catch up grant
The Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Pupil Premium Grant was allocated to schools to support all Year 7 learners who did not achieve expected progress in either English or Maths at the end of Year 6.
In 2016-17 the grant received to Wildern School totalled £27,761
Wildern School has used this grant in a number of ways including:
- The employment of Core Progress Assistants in English and Maths to support 'Catch Up Students' during their lesson time
- Funding of Wave 3 interventions in reading and spelling for identified students
- Purchasing of additional literacy and numeracy resources to support learners
- Additional sessions at Wildern during the Summer term of Year 6
- Additional sessions in English and Maths during the final weeks of the summer break before the students start their Wildern journey
- An Integrated Studies group to enhance the progression in numeracy and literacy.
Please see the attached report for more details.