It seems that there may be some snow forecast this evening and into tomorrow, therefore it would seem appropriate to outline our plans as they stand.
We intend to open as normal. We will, however, keep parents informed if as predicted in the amber weather warning, heavy snow comes overnight and into tomorrow. Should this happen we will assess the school site as a matter of urgency to ensure that it is safe for students as well as ascertain the number of staff that are able to travel to work.
Our aim will be to remain open as long as it is safe to do so. We appreciate that many of you are working parents and will have to make arrangements if we have to close. We will endeavour to inform you as promptly as we can via email, the website and HCC emergency closure website.
The purpose of this update is purely a precaution and having a clear plan in place. The decision to close the school is never taken lightly and will be based on the weather conditions and the safety of students and staff.
Thank you for your support
Mrs C Oakley