At Wildern School we have introduced Chromebooks into KS4 because we:
- Believe that the scheme will enhance teaching and learning.
- Want students to harness technology in order to open up a wealth of opportunities to improve our students’ learning experience, whilst better preparing them for a future in a modern world.
- Want to empower students to take control of their learning and to work in a more individual and personalised way.
- Want students to explore and produce work in new and engaging ways embracing creativity both in school and out.
- Seek to equip all our students with the necessary skills and modes of thinking so that they will succeed in a constantly changing society, where high levels of skill in the use of new technologies are the currency for employment.
- Are keen to develop student’s independent learning skills and support them in finding their preferred learning and revision techniques.
Benefits for the student:
- 8 second boot-uptime means there is no time wasted waiting for the device to start-up.
- All work will be in one place and accessed via their school Google email account.
- It is ‘their’ device so it can be used for learning at school and their own personal use at home.
- Automatic updates, meaning there is no need to purchase new software and install on device.
- Can be used for homework.
- Technical support at school through the Genius Bar and the Digital Leaders student team run drop in sessions at lunch times.
Benefits for parents:
- No upfront cost if you chose to lease.
- Scheme runs for the 3 years supporting your child during their GCSE studies.
- Research has shown these devices are very reliable and have good longevity.
- Chromebooks are increasingly being used in further education.
- It will be used as a professional tool at school and for homework, but students can use for their personal use at home.
- Supporting students in developing technological skills for the world of work.
- Choice of outputs meaning that students will still use pen and paper as the Chromebook is not a substitution for writing by hand.
For more information about schemechromebooks , please click here.