A big thank you to all the parents that attended the Launch evening.
The scheme is open from 6pm on 8th May until 6pm on 18th June
We are looking for 80% uptake of the scheme as we have in the current Y9. If we do not reach this figure the scheme will be reassessed and may not run. If you are buying your own be aware we will not know if scheme is going ahead until after the 19th of June.
If after reviewing the information provided here you have additional questions or would like advice on what Chromebook to select for your child, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0203 393 8735 and one of the scheme advisors will be able to assist you. The packages provided on the scheme are fully insured. Details of the insurance are provided on the scheme portal for you to view, print or download any time you wish.
At Wildern School we have introduced Chromebooks into KS4 because we:
- Believe that the scheme will enhance teaching and learning.
- Want students to harness technology in order to open up a wealth of opportunities to improve our students’ learning experience, whilst better preparing them for a future in a modern world.
- Want to empower students to take control of their learning and to work in a more individual and personalised way.
- Want students to explore and produce work in new and engaging ways embracing creativity both in school and out.
- Seek to equip all our students with the necessary skills and modes of thinking so that they will succeed in a constantly changing society, where high levels of skill in the use of new technologies are the currency for employment.
- Are keen to develop student’s independent learning skills and support them in finding their preferred learning and revision techniques.
Benefits for the student:
- 8 second boot-uptime means there is no time wasted waiting for the device to start-up.
- All work will be in one place and accessed via their school Google email account.
- It is ‘their’ device so it can be used for learning at school and their own personal use at home.
- Automatic updates, meaning there is no need to purchase new software and install on device.
- Can be used for homework.
- Technical support at school through the Genius Bar and the Digital Leaders student team run drop in sessions at lunch times.
Benefits for parents:
- No upfront cost if you chose to lease.
- Scheme runs for the 3 years supporting your child during their GCSE studies.
- Research has shown these devices are very reliable and have good longevity.
- Chromebooks are increasingly being used in further education.
- It will be used as a professional tool at school and for homework, but students can use for their personal use at home.
- Supporting students in developing technological skills for the world of work.
- Choice of outputs meaning that students will still use pen and paper as the Chromebook is not a substitution for writing by hand.
Chromebook Info Booklet for Parents